The DFA Fall 2020 Season - Opening Day Headlines - LFC Maul CFC 9-0, Burns Melts Down...

08 February 2011

Match vs. The Don

Dear The Don,

I would like to play our match. Would 5:30pm central time tomorrow work for you. Let me know when you can play. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bmdz29

27 comments:

  1. You would hear from instantly if this was in the form of a text. Text messages are 100x more efficient than this. People are easily able to accuse of not responding to them because 1. You normally don't and 2. You've missed several deadlines in the last 2 months.

    Why not send our match request by mail or smoke signals so everyone can see. This wasn't put to a vote so it means nothing. All this is is wasted space on the blog.

    Get fucked,
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello murph, I will be in practice still (most likely) at that time, however tonight would be good. Would 6:30 or 7:30 central time suffice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do this on your own time you retards! This would've taken 30seconds via text instead of the 8hours it took for the don to respond on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, 6:30 central sounds great. This seems to be working well. I have already set up 2 matches. I feel bad that some of the other managers (including anonymous) don't see the value of the new process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please explain to me how this is more efficient then sending a text message. You have no idea how insane this is for you to think this is a better option then sending a message that is received within 30 seconds of you sending it. The don got your match request 8 hours later. I could see how that's better then him seeing it seconds after you sent it.

    The best part is how you sent us texts last night telling us to check the blog. I got a text from you at 9:37 telling me to check the blog. I read the blog and commented 5 minutes later. Seems like the text worked pretty well there. Maybe you should've posted "check the blog" on the blog since that's a better and easier way of sending messages.

    Oh and everyone im going to announce that all my match requests are to be signed and dated by a registered notary and sent to me by fax with a cover letter. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how David is being ignored in this. Ur last comment is actually pretty hilarious. It is also quite obvious that u r anonymous in this.

    Why? I mean....still? Why?

    It's being played out girls. Sack up behind ur words

    Thank you,
    The Italian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm being ignored because of one or two reasons.

    1. He hasn't seen the blog in a few hours (which proved my point)
    2. He doesn't have a valid reason (also proves my point)

    The blog is going to be cluttered with retarded posts that could be sent efficiently through text messages and or phone calls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are several reasons for this crusade:

    1. He does not respond to/send out text messages to play because:

    a. He only has four members' phone numbers
    b. He does not actually enjoy playing
    c. He enjoys winding Burns up (who doesn't?)

    He already told me his XBox live membership will expire soon, and he is not inclined to renew it (whose decision that was is cause for a later debate); so we will only be subject to this antiquated system for a few more matches.

    As I have suggested many times with no avail that he should program these phone numbers into his mobile and take an active role in scheduling his own matches, the alternative to this blog scheduling is zero activity. We've just spent the last few weeks in those doldrums and I'd prefer not to return.

    If he refuses to text, no amount of admonishment by me or any other member will make him start. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks, especially if the dog would rather stick both paws in his ears and lick peanut butter off his own crotch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, schedule away on these pages, for we have stared into the abyss of the alternative, and it has shaken us to our very core.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If this was a text you'd have had your answer by now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've obviously not texted Murph if you expect a response in 22 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is ridiculous. The blog is meant for our entertainment. I don't think we should have to scroll through appointments to read an article just because one or two members can't wrap their brains around text messaging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not mental capacity, it's simply stubborness.

    Though my theory is it's yet another baby step towards an early league exit.

    The one brief retirement, hinting at no more XBox live, inviting vitriol from the predictably quick to anger managers, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree Ian.

    Murphy, you have ruined the blog in the course of 15hours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This IS entertaining! You see the irony in that one.

    Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  16. Point that out please.

    And murph still waiting for you to answer the question of why is this better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My CB radio handle is BirdWhiskey, and - weather permitting - I can be easily reached during dusk and twilight. Please use appropriate radio lingo when scheduling matches.

    10-4, goodbuddies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why not slow it down even more and use carrier pigeons. All the sane people, I've counted 5 (Aaron, Cush, Pruitt, Ian & me) so far, need to take the blog back from Murph and his retarded crusade to butt fuck the league

    ReplyDelete
  19. If it gets matches played, pigeons are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. IF this had been put to a vote (the same way every other decision on the blog has ever been made). it would be five against two idiots. Just pointing that out. And Ingo, this is far from entertaining. It's petulant and pettish. Plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is for all members of the league..not just me. It benefits everyone because now everyone is held accountable to play on time. I am not denying I do not play on time, but I will defend myself when wrongly accused. This way everyone sees the communication is there. It's a positive thing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You understand everyone has been fine but you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes Ian and Tommy have also missed matches on time. It just so happens you were their opponents.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are all opponents...so that won't work

    ReplyDelete
  25. That makes 0 sense. We are all opponents?

    Let's try this again. You said you're not the only one to have problems with playing matches on time. I responded by saying yes but the others who have late matches had late matches because they were playing you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im done talking with you about this because you're just leading me in a retard circle. You can expect a text from me in a week or so to play our FA cup match

    ReplyDelete