After vanquishing the uber-expensively assembled Chelsea squad, Bayern's moment in the sun was short lived...
The clouds of mediocrity looked to have parted over Bavaria following Bayern's impressive victory over a club suckling an infinite supply of transfer funds from the teat of former Soviet oligarchy (Chelsea). Though the ever-gracious "Sir" Burns claimed he should have recieved a point from the match and that it was, "a shame the way all the goals were scored,"(Cut and copy that ironic quote for subsequent Chelsea match reports- methinks it'll come in handy again) one can be forgiven for being skeptical and/or unsympathetic towards such excuses.
In characteristic Thompson fashion, however, the reasons to celebrate would only last several hours. Taking his recently triumphant underdogs to London to face their Champions Cup qualification rival, Arsenal, Ian looked to solidify his grasp on fourth place. A Marouane Chamakh brace, occuring either side a Mario Gomez equalizer, ensured that any illusions that had befallen Mr. Thompson as to the difficulty of his qualification task were dragged kicking and screaming into the harsh light of reality.
Only five points separate fourth place from eighth, and it appears that this season's remaining mid-table clashes could be the most entertaining yet.
Again, we get you hate Chelsea.
ReplyDeleteAll the goals were bad in our game. I recognized that and then somehow you try to spin it against me.
Again, no spin necessary. All facts. Always are.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to prove them wrong, but, since you haven't yet, I assume that even you must know that what I write isn't false.
Just because painting your and Chelsea's (real and digital) behavior in an unflattering light is easy, doesn't mean I shouldn't do it.
I'll take yet another refusal to rebut as the next in a long line of verbal victories on here, thank you very much.
ReplyDelete